The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Senior Prom, Caledonian Style

Walking down Woodruff tonight, across from the demolition happening at the soon-to-be-condos ol' Caledonian Hospital, I happened upon these three nervous young ladies awaiting a cream-colored limo to take them to the Prom. I wished them as fun a time as I had at my prom...but be safe! Then I realized I'm exactly what I am - that middle-aged guy who says he hopes you have as much fun a time at your prom as he had...but be safe! Sigh...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

True style and class - what a great photo. I hope they had a great time. And of course I hope they were safe. Give the kids some credit Q. I am sure they were more responsible than you or I might have been 25 (!) years ago. And I bet those kids didn't know we had limos back then!

Toronto Limo said...

People cannot wait for a bus or cab service for their travel. To save time the limousine in long island is the best choice with comfortable and quick access

Unknown said...

Wedding Limousine Rental in Toronto is famous for making the wedding fancies living.

Bob Marvin said...

I think it's great that this Toronto company will drive all the way to Brooklyn to provide limo service here. They must operate at an enormous loss; I guess the owner considers him(her)self to be a philanthropist :-)

Unknown said...

Well, limousines are essential for such an occasion. They add a certain flair to the experience, giving it an air of importance, with the very elegance of such a ride. So go ahead and rent one for prom. It is a important day of your youth, after all. But I guess they should've waited inside for the limo to arrive. They stand out too much standing there at the pavement.

RDP Chauffeurs