The Q at Parkside

(for those for whom the Parkside Q is their hometrain)

News and Nonsense from the Brooklyn neighborhood of Lefferts and environs, or more specifically a neighborhood once known as Melrose Park. Sometimes called Lefferts Gardens. Or Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Or PLG. Or North Flatbush. Or Caledonia (west of Ocean). Or West Pigtown. Across From Park Slope. Under Crown Heights. Near Drummer's Grove. The Side of the Park With the McDonalds. Jackie Robinson Town. Home of Lefferts Manor. West Wingate. Near Kings County Hospital. Or if you're coming from the airport in taxi, maybe just Flatbush is best.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Q" and A

Rather than ask myself questions, which of course I do all the time, here's an interview of the Q by the indefatigable Norman Oder. I tried to get them to take my picture with my shirt off...to show off my six-pack abs...but they said it was too cold outside and I might nip out. Apparently it's a family publication.

Interview with the Q in BKLNR.com

Bklnr lets you read one article a month, but you have to pay for a subscription of $2 a month to read it all, and there are tons of good pieces in it worth reading more than the one on me. They're trying to create a journalistic model where the journalists actually get paid. Good luck with that! (Actually, my work-around was to open it up in a separate browser so it thinks it's your first time. But I would NEVER endorse that kind of thing. And anyway, you can only do that so many times before you feel like a thief.)

Seriously though, Norman is a good guy, a smart guy, a Flatbushian himself, and he writes the insanely thorough Atlantic Yards Report, which you'd be silly not check in with from time to time. And yes, look for a book from him in the near future. His theme? Don't trust "the Man."

No comments: